The Board of Studentsā Development(BSD) looks after the protection of rights and supervises the Development activities of the students of post-graduate departments of the university and each conducted college or institution of the university and each affiliated college. BSD promotes and co-ordinates the different studentsā activities for better corporate life. BSD tries to nurture students’ mental, physical, cultural growth with various activities to improve their overall personality development and to make them civilized Indian citizens to compete in the globalized world.
We at PKTC believe in a holistic education that addresses intellectual, physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs and capacities of students that help them become their best self in the service of society at large. Student Development and welfare section comprising of different cells and committees is committed to provide programs and opportunities that support students in achieving their overall development.
Considering various carrier options available to the students and different inputs required to be given to them along with academic program a āStudents Development Planā has been developed at PKTC. This strategic Plan has developmental and sequential programs/activities to support progressive development of students.
Various personal and professional skill development programs viz. Communication and Soft Skill programs, Aptitude Training, Technical Skill enhancement programs, Foreign Language Certification Courses, Personal and Spiritual Development Programs, Entrepreneurship Development Activities, and Preparation courses for competitive Examinations (Gate/GRE/CAT/MPSC/UPSC etc.) are made available on campus through various professional agencies.
The Section is also instrumental in providing platform to the students to nurture and showcase their talents through Art Circle, games and sports club etc. The social commitment is imbibed in students through different activities organized under National Social Service (NSS) cell. Students are given opportunities to develop and nurture their leadership qualities through Student Associations, Student Council, Student Cells and working as volunteers in various events organized at Department/college level. Students are also encouraged to join or form special interest groups that allow them to connect with and contribute to their learning community.
Dear students, we measure our success by yours. Register for various Development programs, involve yourself into various activities, Call, email or stop by our office to learn more. We will be more than happy to guide and support you in your journey of self -development.
To motivate and guide students for improvement in Communication skills and overall Personality Development and impart quality training for Aptitude and soft skills development of students and ensure its effectiveness
- To identify training agencies and arrange quality training programs for Aptitude and Soft Skills improvement of students.
- To monitor the effectiveness of training program through continuous monitoring and control and take remedial actions wherever needed.
- To create awareness among students about importance of communication skills and dynamic personality and provide guidance and motivation through various activities for their improvement.
Activities Of Communication And Personality Development CellĀ
- Notice Board Activity
- NPTEL Video Lecture
- Language Lab
- Personality Development Lecture
- Group Discussion Session
- Software Courses & Many More
The professional development cell(PDC) at PKTC is a comprehensive, hands on committee aimed at providing excellent career development services to PKTC students and employer partners. The goal is to help the students in three main areas: academic learning, career exploration, and personal development that begins with the foundation programme and continues through the year.
In lines with theĀ knowing, doing and beingĀ vision of PKTC, business students will have access to the following three layers of career related assistance as part of the āprofessional developmentā course:
- Identifying life and career goals
- Creating a profile which helps to align the personal and professional competencies
- Career/ Industry focused preparation
Whether it is about seeking a new job, making a career transition, pursuing advancement in current field, or launching a new business, PDC offers a unique opportunity to align passion with work through a range of resources and varied exposure to support individual studentās career exploration.
Proposed events for year academic year 2017-2018 (Tentative):-
- Workshop on Time management skills
- Career guidance and coaching for placement processes(DBY)
- Workshop on case analysis
- Regular group discussion sessions
- To monitor and control effective conduct of such programs ensuring regular attendance, active participation and involvement of students. To carry out feedback analysis after conclusion of the program.
Higher Study Cell
The Higher Education Cell was formed in P K Technical Campus with a view to providing the students a guidance to enhance their knowledge in their chosen area of study. It provides students counseling on the various courses available and encourages them to pursue a field of study in line with their skill sets, aptitude and career aspirations. The Cell also prepares students for a lifelong commitment to learning. This allows students to excel in their chosen area of expertise.
P K Technical Campus Ā students will be prepared for a lifelong commitment to learning. This will improve their knowledge as well as career prospects and lead them to be productive citizens of the world.
The mission of the Higher Study Cell is to prepare and give exposure to students for pursuing higher studies abroad and in India. This will be in line with their skill sets, aptitude and career aspirations.
- To facilitate students to identify their aptitude for learning & the course they want to pursue.
- To guide students in the various procedures involved in getting admission to various Universities in India & Abroad.
- To guide them in taking up various Competitive Examinations like CAT, MAT, GATE, GMAT, SAT, GRE ,TOEFL and civil services
- To Maintain and update the database regarding opportunities for higher studies within the country and abroad along with qualifying examinations, admission prerequisites, norms, deadlines, websites etc.
- To create an environment conducive for higher studies.
- Processing the applications for higher studies through the higher studies cell for necessary records and follow-up.
National Development has been playing a vital role in enriching the souls and minds of the students of the university since long time. The overall objective of this scheme is āEducation and Serviceā to the community and by the community. It is a programme for students to cater to the needs of the community, as and when required. It will also help the students to communicate with the society. The students joining this scheme develop many behaviorial interactive skills. They visit the rural areas as NSS volunteers during the camps organized by the concerned colleges or departments of the university. The NSS volunteers take initiative in developing a Technocratic Environment and also help the underprivileged people to develop themselves. The scheme promotes the ability to present them in a better way. Thus the ultimate goal of the scheme is to strive to inculcate the bond of patriotism, national integration, brotherhood, communal harmony among these volunteers.
In India, the idea of involving students in the task ofĀ national development back to the times of Mahatma Gandhi, the father of the nation. The central theme which he tried to impress upon his student audience time and again, was that they should always keep before them, their social responsibility. The first duty of the students should be, not to treat their period of study as one of the opportunities for indulgence in intellectual luxury, but for preparing themselves for final dedication in the service of those who provided the sinews of the nation with the national goods & services so essential to society. Advising them to form a living contact with the community in whose midst their institution is located, he suggested that instead of undertaking academic research about economic and social disability, the students should do “something positive so that the life of the villagers might be raised to a higher material and moral level
National Development ā Activities
- State level āHarit Urja Dindiā – Pune to Pandharpur.
- Clean Village Expedition
- State Republic Day & National Republic Day (SRD-NRD)
- Central Audit Workshop
- Tree Plantation Expedition
- Hemoglobin Check-up / Blood Donation Camp
- Kanyaratna Abhiyan
- Value Education Workshop
- Disaster Management Training Program
- Utkarsha :- State Level Socio Cultural Program
- Blood Donation Campaign & Camps
- Adopted villages by NSS
- Water Shed Management / CCT / Bandhare
- Anandvan: (Personality Development, Shramsanskar Shibir)
- Red Ribbon club : Aids Awareness
- Training on “Plice Mitraā in Pune Ganesh Festival – 2012
- Career Counseling, Employability & Personality Development
- History Writing of Village
- Non Conventional Energy
- Adoptions: (Schools, orphanages & Govt. hospitals)
- Non-Schooling Children Survey and Child Labor Survey
- North East Students Socio – Cultural Exchange Program
- Road Transport Campaign
- NSS Open Unit & Post Graduation Units
- Anti Drug Campaign
- She is Special Workshop
- Awareness of Cleanliness Drive (Mutha River)
Special Camping forms an integral part of National Development.Ā
It has special appeal to the youth as it provides unique opportunities to the students for group-living, collective experience sharing and constant interaction with community.
In the past the themes of the Special Camping Programmes have been ‘Youth Against Famine’, Youth Against Dirt and Disease ‘ , ‘Youth for Rural Reconstruction ‘ , ‘Youth for Eco-Development’ and ‘Youth for Mass Literacy’, ‘Youth for National integration & Social Harmony’, The current theme of Special Camp is ‘Youth for Sustainable Development with special focus on Watershed Management and Wasteland Development. Every year 50 percent of the volunteers of each NSS unit are expected to participate in special camps which is of ten-days duration.